Kristine – President
Amanda – Vice President
Nanci – Treasurer
Bekah – Member
Sharon – Non-Member
Sarah – Non-Member
It’s that time! Time to vote for officers for the year! We’re looking for nominees for the rolls of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. The idea of rolling the positions of VP and Secretary into one position called VP-Sec was discussed. To nominate yourself or a friend, you must first be a registered member of the AHG. If you are! Proceed to our Facebook Group page, Gateway Confluence Chapter of the AHG, or email nominations to email@example.com. We’ll have one week to nominate and one week to vote!
In other news, we’ve decided to pass on events this year. We’ll be bringing in guest speakers and focusing on bolstering our ranks! So far Lisa Rose has agreed to teach a class but the time and date are still being worked out. Check back for updates!
Also with regards to guest speakers, Active Members have the perk of attending for free. Active, here, being defined as having attended 5 meetings in the last year or have participated in 5 activities; volunteering for events, product making for events, or hosting meetings. Non-Active AHG Members will have a reduced price.
Next month on March 19th, we’ll be doing an herbal gift exchange to honor the coming of Spring! Please RSVP on MeetUp (link at the top of the page) by March 5th, 2018 so everyone can see how much product to make to be sure everyone gets something to take home and enjoy! You can make soap, bath bombs, scrubs, lotions, potions, balms, tea blends, infused honey, and the like.
An idea for income for the guild was discussed about making a deck of flash cards with local medicinal plants. The front would be a photograph of the plant and the back would have a bit of information and possibly a recipe utilizing that plant. Again more information on that as the details are worked out.
More to come here as the year carries on!
It’s out last meeting of the year! Bring a gift for the gift swap, nothing fancy just something herbal related. We’ll have a potluck and gift exchange and just hang out with our herbal friends!
AHG Meeting Saturday, July 29, 2017
Rebekah – member
Bekah- non member
Sharon- non member
We met at Luna Farms in Troy, IL
We discussed the recent AHG survey. We talked about each question one at a time.
It was decided that the results of the survey will be voted on by AHG members at the next meeting in September. So please plan to attend in September.
After the discussion we picked passion flowers and their vine to make tinctures.
With the Total Solar Eclipse falling on the third Monday, August, 21st it was decided that the August meeting will be cancelled.
The September meeting will be hosted by Dani Gallagher in Forest Park.
Nominate yourself or a friend for President, Vice President, Treasurer, or secretary. Only paid AHG members can hold office and/or vote. Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org; all nominations will be kept confidential. At the end of the week, we will have an anonymous election through electionbuddy. Please reach out to any members who are not online so they may participate as well (voting my mail is available).
GCHG Chapter meeting 1/23/17
Kristine Brown – RH
Rebekah Dawn – GM
Amanda Canete – GM
Nancy McCoy – GM
J. Elisa Thomas – NM
Dani Gallagher — SM
Andrea Miller – SM
– Reimbursed Nancy and Marc $24 for chapter website dues for 2016 and 2017; website renewed for 2017
– A chapter bank account has been established at Scott Credit Union.
– Field trip suggestions for 2017:
– MO Botanical Garden, 2/25/17
– Sweat Lodge: possibly 3/18/17 or 3/25/17, in fall as well
– Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage: Soap making intensive 5/19/17, or just visit
– Camping at Lou’s in Steeleville: plant talks and sweat lodge possible
– Amanda Canete has invited the chapter, and families, to her family lake house in Kentucky for the weekend of 7/21/17!
– Shaw Nature Reserve/ Wild Canid Center
– Baker Creek, Heritage Days Festivals, held the first Sunday of the month Mar- Oct
– MO Elderberry Farms
– Speakers: Phyllis Light, Jim Long
– Vending Suggestions for 2017:
– Confluence Herbal Summit, spring
– Mother Earth Wholistic Fair in Cape Girardeau, 4/8/17
– St. Louis Earth Day, 4/22 – 4/23/17
– Riverbend Earth Day, 4/29/17
– Craft/ Vendor Fair & Flea Market in Florissant, MO; usually in May, date TBA
– Baker Creek:
– Spring Planting Festival, May 7 & 8 2017, approved non-profit = $25
– Heritage Days Festivals, held the first Sunday of the month Mar- Oct
– Offer classes at Elements Herbology
– Proposed having 6 field trips and 6 business meetings for 2017
– field trip to Botanical Garden 2/25/17
– March Meeting 3/27/17 700p at Elements Herbology new location or sweat lodge date TBD
– April meeting 4/27/17 location TBD
– June possible field trip to Rebekah’s
– Elections in February!! Any AHG member is eligible for office! If you are interested in being a chapter officer for 2017: President, Vice President, Treasurer, or Secretary, make it known!
NEXT MEETING is a field trip to MO Botanical Garden 2/25/17, details will be provided soon. There is an open house and Orchid show.