GCHG Chapter Meeting October 24, 2016
Kristine Brown – AHG general member
Rebekah Dawn – AHG general member
Michelle Hrebec – AHG general member
Angie Abernathy – AHG general member
Laura Hutchinson – AHG general member
Nancy McCoy – AHG general member
– Next meeting will be November 28, 630p at Nanci and Marc’s house.
– this will be a potluck so bring a dish to share (with ingredients label), one gift to exchange, and non-perishable items for a local food drive.
– Events and festivals everyone liked:
-Riverbend Earth Day – Museum of Pharma
-Botanical Gardens – Herbarium
-Little Hills – Shaw Plant Sale
-Webster Groves Plant Sale
– Finances are at $610 with another $150 from Festival of the Little Hills
– Some of the $150 is being used to send monthly herbal supplies to Standing Rock. So far $27 has been used for shipping packages.
– We may have a plant sale in the spring. Venues include but are not limited to: Green Earth, Farmers Markets, Edwardsville market.
– Possible speaker options:
-Kathleen Meier (2018) – Althea (mens heath, lyme)
– Steven Foster – Robin Pasquale (homeopathic)
– jim mcdonald – Jim Long
– SAVE THE DATE AHG Symposium October 5-9 2017 in Oregon: http://www.americanherbalistsguild.com/symposium/introduction-to-symposiumhttp://www.americanherbalistsguild.com/symposium/introduction-to-symposium
– SAVE THE DATE: Grassroots Midwest Herb Conference Sept 28 – Oct 1 2017
– vendor booth is $150.00 by May 31, 2017
– put together a raffle basket
– work exchange program available
– Locations for chapter sponsored demonstration classes:
– May 6 National Herb Day
– Willoughby Farms: June/ July
– Recipe book shares:
– Healing Wise by Susan Weed
– Making Plant Medicine by Richo Cech