It’s out last meeting of the year! Bring a gift for the gift swap, nothing fancy just something herbal related. We’ll have a potluck and gift exchange and just hang out with our herbal friends!
AHG Meeting Saturday, July 29, 2017
Rebekah – member
Bekah- non member
Sharon- non member
We met at Luna Farms in Troy, IL
We discussed the recent AHG survey. We talked about each question one at a time.
It was decided that the results of the survey will be voted on by AHG members at the next meeting in September. So please plan to attend in September.
After the discussion we picked passion flowers and their vine to make tinctures.
With the Total Solar Eclipse falling on the third Monday, August, 21st it was decided that the August meeting will be cancelled.
The September meeting will be hosted by Dani Gallagher in Forest Park.
Nominate yourself or a friend for President, Vice President, Treasurer, or secretary. Only paid AHG members can hold office and/or vote. Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org; all nominations will be kept confidential. At the end of the week, we will have an anonymous election through electionbuddy. Please reach out to any members who are not online so they may participate as well (voting my mail is available).
GCHG Chapter meeting 1/23/17
Kristine Brown – RH
Rebekah Dawn – GM
Amanda Canete – GM
Nancy McCoy – GM
J. Elisa Thomas – NM
Dani Gallagher — SM
Andrea Miller – SM
– Reimbursed Nancy and Marc $24 for chapter website dues for 2016 and 2017; website renewed for 2017
– A chapter bank account has been established at Scott Credit Union.
– Field trip suggestions for 2017:
– MO Botanical Garden, 2/25/17
– Sweat Lodge: possibly 3/18/17 or 3/25/17, in fall as well
– Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage: Soap making intensive 5/19/17, or just visit
– Camping at Lou’s in Steeleville: plant talks and sweat lodge possible
– Amanda Canete has invited the chapter, and families, to her family lake house in Kentucky for the weekend of 7/21/17!
– Shaw Nature Reserve/ Wild Canid Center
– Baker Creek, Heritage Days Festivals, held the first Sunday of the month Mar- Oct
– MO Elderberry Farms
– Speakers: Phyllis Light, Jim Long
– Vending Suggestions for 2017:
– Confluence Herbal Summit, spring
– Mother Earth Wholistic Fair in Cape Girardeau, 4/8/17
– St. Louis Earth Day, 4/22 – 4/23/17
– Riverbend Earth Day, 4/29/17
– Craft/ Vendor Fair & Flea Market in Florissant, MO; usually in May, date TBA
– Baker Creek:
– Spring Planting Festival, May 7 & 8 2017, approved non-profit = $25
– Heritage Days Festivals, held the first Sunday of the month Mar- Oct
– Offer classes at Elements Herbology
– Proposed having 6 field trips and 6 business meetings for 2017
– field trip to Botanical Garden 2/25/17
– March Meeting 3/27/17 700p at Elements Herbology new location or sweat lodge date TBD
– April meeting 4/27/17 location TBD
– June possible field trip to Rebekah’s
– Elections in February!! Any AHG member is eligible for office! If you are interested in being a chapter officer for 2017: President, Vice President, Treasurer, or Secretary, make it known!
NEXT MEETING is a field trip to MO Botanical Garden 2/25/17, details will be provided soon. There is an open house and Orchid show.
GCHG Chapter Meeting October 24, 2016
Kristine Brown – AHG general member
Rebekah Dawn – AHG general member
Michelle Hrebec – AHG general member
Angie Abernathy – AHG general member
Laura Hutchinson – AHG general member
Nancy McCoy – AHG general member
– Next meeting will be November 28, 630p at Nanci and Marc’s house.
– this will be a potluck so bring a dish to share (with ingredients label), one gift to exchange, and non-perishable items for a local food drive.
– Events and festivals everyone liked:
-Riverbend Earth Day – Museum of Pharma
-Botanical Gardens – Herbarium
-Little Hills – Shaw Plant Sale
-Webster Groves Plant Sale
– Finances are at $610 with another $150 from Festival of the Little Hills
– Some of the $150 is being used to send monthly herbal supplies to Standing Rock. So far $27 has been used for shipping packages.
– We may have a plant sale in the spring. Venues include but are not limited to: Green Earth, Farmers Markets, Edwardsville market.
– Possible speaker options:
-Kathleen Meier (2018) – Althea (mens heath, lyme)
– Steven Foster – Robin Pasquale (homeopathic)
– jim mcdonald – Jim Long
– SAVE THE DATE AHG Symposium October 5-9 2017 in Oregon: http://www.americanherbalistsguild.com/symposium/introduction-to-symposiumhttp://www.americanherbalistsguild.com/symposium/introduction-to-symposium
– SAVE THE DATE: Grassroots Midwest Herb Conference Sept 28 – Oct 1 2017
– vendor booth is $150.00 by May 31, 2017
– put together a raffle basket
– work exchange program available
– Locations for chapter sponsored demonstration classes:
– May 6 National Herb Day
– Willoughby Farms: June/ July
– Recipe book shares:
– Healing Wise by Susan Weed
– Making Plant Medicine by Richo Cech