Our second meeting!
We will discuss updates on filing the petition, voting for President, Secretary and Treasurer and upcoming events that may be of interest.
Also, our theme for this meeting is “Uplifting Herbs” so bring your favorite uplifting herbal concoction whether it be food, tea, cordial, spray, etc. to share with the group.
We will be meeting in the basement of the Collinsville Library, in the Community Room.
Also, a HUGE thanks to Marc McCoy, he built us this awesome website. I’ll begin updating it with meetings and gatherings as we plan them.
American Herbalist Guild
Gateway Confluence Chapter (IL/MO)
January 24, 2016
Kristine Brown – AHG general member
Crystal Stevens – AHG general member
Rebekah Dawn – AHG general member
Kathryn Chapman – AHG general member
Angie Abernathy – AHG general member
Andrea Miller – AHG student member
J. Elisa Chapman – new AHG general member
Laura Hutchinson – new AHG general member
Samantha J. Stolle – new AHG general member
Sue Steinmann – new AHG general member
Mark McCoy – new AHG general member
Nancy McCoy – new AHG general member
Lois Zollner – new AHG general member
Dani Gallagher – new AHG general member
- Mark McCoy has generously offered to create a website and host it for us
- Unanimous vote to name the chapter Gateway Confluence Herbalist Guild
- Kristine Brown passed around a paper to gather AHG member signatures for the petition
- How will we raise money for our chapter?
- What will we do with the money we raise?
- Host speakers
- Who would we like to host?
- Matthew Wood, 7song, jim mcdonald
- Things to think about:
- Cost of the speaker
- Ticket sales
- Ideas for future meetings
- Case studies
- Plant walks
- Different traditions of herbalism (TCM, Ayurvedic, Western, etc)
- Use of invasives as medicine
- Herbal gardens, what to plant
- Distillations (Crystal Stevens has a friend who could do a demonstration)
- Medicinal mushrooms
- Does & Don’ts of herbal medicine/formulating safely
- Herbal lookalikes
- Field trips: Missouri Botanical Garden, Shaw Nature Preserve
Proposed Monthly Meetings for 2016
February 28 @ 3pm – Laurel’s house
March 28 @ 7pm – TBD
April 25 @ 7pm – TBD
May 23 @7pm – TBD
June 27 @7pm – TBD
July 25 @7pm – TBD
August 22 @7pm – TBD
September 26 @7pm – TBD
October 24 @7pm – TBD
November 28 @7pm – TBD
December 26 @7pm – TBD
American Herbalist Guild Guideline Concerns
- When can officers be elected?
- Our petition has been signed
- Geographic boundaries have been decided- All of Illinois and Missouri with an emphasis on the Gateway region (St. Louis)
- We will receive $10 per member annually from the AHG once we are established
- The group will submit an annual report
Next Meeting- Sunday, February 28 3:00 pm @ Laurel’s house
- Everyone bring an uplifting herbal remedy to share with the group